Friday, July 16, 2010

Successful Tooth Pullings of a 6 year old


Yes, it is true. Isaac has lost his first tooth (as some of you know b/c he felt a need to call you and tell you about it). I'd like to share about the successful steps we took to pull his tooth so that you, too, could go down in the book of "top 100 parents of all time" someday.

Step 1: "C'mon Isaac, I just want to wiggle it. I won't pull it" (This step requires lying through your own teeth)

Step 2: "Isaac, get over here right now. Either I can pull it nicely or I can sit on you, hold your arms down and force it to come out." (This step requires brutal honesty)

Step 3: The child is so afraid of what you may actually do that he succombs to your tauntings and allows you to pull the tooth that only took a fraction of a second to come out anyhow.

Step 4: Start saving for therapy.

1 comment:

  1. I *love* this one. You have me laughing. Hard. Can't wait to see you all! Only 4 sleeps, 1 gigantic move, a lump down payment that will see 2/3 of my monetary worth disappear, and some last minute packing now! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete