Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of School!

Yep....it's official.....my kids have gone off to school. And by that I mean, I have sent them to the pack of wolves in serious hopes that they return alive some day and somewhat intact. Both were excited to start school until Sadie was asked by Jeremiah (cutest lil' brown boy you ever did see) on her second day if she wanted to be his girlfriend. She responded to the tune of, "No! I'm only 9!" When he proceeded to ask her if she was "ever gonna have kids" she further explained that she doesn't EVER want a boyfriend, at least not until she's 15 or so. When he then stated she was only his half friend she shrugged her shoulders and said, "okay, that's weird but whatever." Thankfully Jeremiah came to his senses the next morning and re-advised her that she was, in fact, his full friend which also made her say, "okay, whatever, I guess we're friends then." Um.......hmmmm......what do I even say to that? At least my kid can hold her own? Don't have to worry about planned parenthood yet? Well, thank goodness b/c I don't know that they would see my fourth grader to begin with. Sheesh.

Isaac, on the other hand, reports daily that he forgot to ask anyone if they wanted to play with him, can't remember the name of who he sat by at the lunch table and doesn't remember what he learned or if he has any homework. Mothers of boys.....is this NORMAL???? He's like a vault baby. I can't get anything out of this kid except that he liked the chocolate milk he drank in the lunchroom. Can he hold his own? I don't know! Does he want a girlfriend? I don't know! Is he planning on having kids? I don't know! And there is NO planned parenthood for boys!!!!

Homeschooling is looking better and better by the minute......where's my Lexapro?




He lost that second bottom tooth just yesterday


At least they knew SOMEONE! They had met Michelle a week before school and she and Sadie are in the same class. Isaac loves playing with Michelle's younger sister, Makayla.
Anyone know where my Lexapro is? I wasn't joking when I asked earlier. Suddenly I can't breathe. My children are about to enter a school with 725 other little varmants that I am convinced are planning on eating them alive.


Or maybe their just planning on marrying them early and having babies by the time their 20. Well, phew.....NOTHING TO PANICK ABOUT THEN!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. As the mother of your 15 year old nephew, Isaac is TOTALLY NORMAL. At 15, Riley is only within the last year NOT saying chocolate milk at lunch was his favourite part of the day, can sometimes remember if he has homework, and has only in the last month started to "get" that he has to call people if he wants to do anything but hang out in an empty house (mom doesn't count in this respect). :) Experience has told me, though, that the vault is just different than girls....he tells me things, but they are usually after the fact, when he's had time to process them himself. :)

    I love you and miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love that vault boy!

    If you're going to PANIC, go ahead, but don't PANICK. Good thing you're sending your children to school...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input Kristin. Lyss, as you can tell, I was a bit FREAKED OUT when I typed the blog so you'll forgive me for not spelling PANIC correctly. Boy.....tough crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are all things I have never thought about before. If any of those crazy midwestern hooligans (...and I know because I WAS one)try to hurt or influence those babies, auntie Gen will be there faster than you can run to the stage at a Bon Jovi concert!

    ReplyDelete